I haven’t posted about the Charity Baby Quilt because I have made exactly zero progress on it. I want to FMQ it, and I haven’t done it, and so I’ve decided to take a class at my LQS. So it is on hold until then.
In the meantime, I decided to start a new quilt project (So much for that “one project at a time” thing I was attempting). My MIL and FIL were visiting in June and my MIL bought me a jelly roll of Hubba Hubba as a hostess gift (yeah, she is awesome). So I decided to bust into that and see if I could size up the Modern Crosses pattern from Modern Log Cabin Quilting to use with the 2.5″ strips. I think it looks good, and if I did my math right I should come out of it with a nice large quilt – twin to full, depending on how many crosses I end up doing.
I spent a bunch of time cutting my center squares and strips out of my neutral fabric (Kona White) and getting them assembled into sets of 4.
Here is my first cross block:
And here are the first two together:
I’m pleased with how they are coming out so far. I definitely need to work on my precision and my 1/4″ seam but I think I am getting better, and hopefully the less-than-perfect parts won’t be noticeable once it is finished and quilted.
My favorite little helper – he picked up his sit & spin, carried it into the little space behind my sewing chair, sat on it and just happily spun around for awhile. Toddlers are so funny. And no, I don’t actually get quilting/sewing done while he is in the basement with me – at most I can do some pressing and cutting, but he is fascinated by my sewing machine and wants to push all the buttons and grab the knee lift and stick his hand under the needle. So the cover stays on and the machine stays off when he is around!
But he’s just so darn cute I don’t mind.
I’d hoped to get another post together on Wed but since that didn’t happen I’m linking this up with WIP Wednesday!