Here are blocks 1-Horizon and 3-Orbit, all finished. I had previously finished the aqua Horizon and just started piecing the coral Horizon, but I was able to finish the coral block and cut out and piece both Orbit blocks!
This morning I woke up early and since Davy decided to sleep in, I got the pieces for one of the Constellation blocks (block 2) cut out – hopefully I’ll get caught up on that one shortly.
I also got working on my Bee Hive Quilt block – our May Queen bee selected the double star block. I was nervous about doing the no-waste flying geese since our Queen sent us the background fabric (Essex in Black) and there wasn’t extra if I messed up. I was very careful with my marking and sewing my scant 1/4″ and everything came out to the right size.
I started piecing it together the other night and made a rookie mistake – not checking which side to pin on before getting started. I shouldn’t try to sew when I’m tired:
At least I noticed it right away so out came the trusty seam ripper and I’ll get it all sewn together another night. I’m really enjoying the bee for multiple reasons – it’s a great skill builder, I’m using some color combos that I wouldn’t think of on my own and it’s forcing me to use some stash instead of hoard it.
Doing a couple of linkups –